Wednesday, February 3, 2010

REFRESHING!!!

Well, I had another blog that I started, unfortunately due to my lack of memory I have to start a new one... can't remember the login information used for the other one. Oh well. Starting new is not exactly a bad thing.

Anyway, it's actually been months since I had posted on the previous blog as I was losing faith in my local gaming store for my gaming needs. I can't say that I've regained any faith in them, but I have at least gotten back in to the swing of gaming... oh, yeah... Warhammer 40k that is.

I'm a founding member of the 40k Fightclub based in Michigan... East Lansing, MI to be exact. The group I played with really got me into the game and helped me better myself on the tactical aspect of it. Played and lost many games before I found a winning way... and it's not by cheating either. This was probably 10 years ago or so when I first joined up with this bunch, now I'm here in CT. A whole new world out here on the gaming scene. Places to game are sparse, and the crowd at the LGS is... not what I'm used to. A lot of young guys out there throwing around way more testosterone then I'd ever dealt with. Out here it doesn't always seem to be about theme, story, or background but more about who has the biggest set of huevos. Even worse, it's hard to ever find what I need/want when I'm there shopping.

Fortunately for me, my brothers in the 40k Fightclub have pulled me back into the fold a bit with a 2010 Painting Resolution (moreso Hornblower for initiating the challenge). The task is to paint a certain unit each month of the year. Must be fully painted, based and sealed with a picture to prove what you've done. We get to sport a marker on a chart that shows what we've completed as well.

Januarys' project was a Wolf Lord in terminator armour with a thunder hammer and storm shield. This is the first model I've fully painted in years but I was able to complete it. I'm now working on my February project... a squad of Grey Hunters with Lukas the Trickster attached. I'll have pictures of my workings up soon. One will show that Lukas is not the pewter model sold by GW, but instead my conversion using the various bits given in the new Space Wolf Pack box.

I'm hoping to keep up on this blog a little better then the last one I had so please stay tuned and make sure to post a comment if you feel I'm slacking. For now, I'm off to build a few guys I need to for this months challenge. Until next time all...

No comments:

Post a Comment