Friday, April 2, 2010

Fenrisian Wolves and some gaming fun








Alright, so the painting bug is still there. I have a mere few weeks (if I'm lucky) before Amy and I are blessed with our baby girl. Right now the Dr says she thinks we'll deliver sooner then later... and the due date is April 23, right around the corner. I think this may be part of why I've jumped head first into painting and gaming lately... I know the end may soon be near... at least for awhile.


Anyway, I've posted a few WIP pics of my first 10 Fenrisian wolves for your enjoyment. We go from assembled, to base coated in different colors, to washed with badab black. All this done in a matter of a couple of hours. I'm still getting used to this whole blog thing so I apologize for the pictures all showing up top... and of course they uploaded in reverse order...
As for the gaming fun, over the past couple of weeks I've gotten in about 7 games or so of Kill Teams from the new Battle Missions book. I've won all but one of these games so far. My friend Steve (yes another Steve) and I have been having a lot of fun with it and will be putting together a mini campaign for ourselves. A few of the guys at our LGS have expressed interest in joining us as well. I've also played a 2000 point game using none other then the fabled... get ready for it... MOVIE MARINES!!!! Holy crap are these guys some tough bastards! Steve used a Blood Angels list from the new codex, and let me tell you, the Sanguinar Host and Sanguinary Priests are pretty AWESOME. I had to call the game in turn 4 due to having to get home to the girlfriend. By that point I had lost one of my movie marines... and wiped out all but the Sanguinary Host and about 8 other marines from his list. Not to fun for him, but a lot of fun for me. Anyway, enough for the night. I'm off to bed, more later. Nite all

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I came across your site and wasn’t able to get an email address to contact you. Would you please consider adding a link to my website on your page. Please email me back and we'll talk about it.

    Thanks!

    Joel Houston
    JHouston791@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete